This is such hopeful news from Dan McGowan that I wanted to be sure you all could read it too.  I hope the picture of the folks around the monument transmits through Yahoo.  On my computer, pictures never come through Yahoo, but I'm trying anyway.  Monica

Yahoo! Groups Links

--- Begin Message ---

DYR Board Member Visits Deir Yassin Memorial

One of our most active board members, Henry Herskovitz, and seven members of the Michigan group, “Jewish Witnesses for Peace and Friends,” stopped by the Geneva Deir Yassin memorial on their way to Boston.  The JWPf is the only group to vigil a synagogue every week trying to get the Zionist congregation in Ann Arbor to dialogue on the dehumanization of Palestinians done in their name.

Henry noted the beautiful patina on the bronze statue of the uprooted olive tree, which he had not seen since the dedication ceremony on the very day that a founding Board member, Edward Said, passed away nearly two years ago.  Others in the group viewed the monument for the first time and were very moved by it.

--- End Message ---