Bravo to Nancy and her whole team of volunteers responsible for
bringing the Al-Rowwad Children's Theatre Group here.

What a wonderful performance they gave at Contois Auditorium in
Burlington on Thursday, June 30th. The children were upbeat, talented,
and wonderful on stage as well as in person. Simply great kids. They
validated their cause with dignity and enthusiasm. Their leader, Dr.
Abu-Srour, is an amazing, courageous man.

The children re-enacted their history at the same time that a video
screen behind them showed amazing archival footage which included but
was not limited to expulsion from their villages, bombings of their
homes, a sea of U.N. tents to house them, etc.

The long, loud standing ovation from the full capacity audience said
volumes.  The message of the children was heard loud and clear: we're
living under brutal occupation and deserve to be free like any other
human beings in the world.

May this be one more step toward justice, peace, and freedom for these
children born into occupation who have never known life without an
Israeli gun pointing at them.

Dr. Abu-Srour (Abed) disclosed in the Q&A portion after the show that
one little girl in the troupe even witnessed her mother bleed to death
from a wound she received as the Israeli soldiers blew up the door to
their house in 2002.

The girl was 10 years old then.  Despite the pleas of her father to
help his wife, the soldiers prevented him from helping and even waited
an hour to call an ambulance.  By the time it came and was allowed to
attend to the woman, another two hours had passed and she had bled to
death. This little girl, by every right in the world should hate the
Israelis and want revenge, but instead she prefers the peaceful route
of expressing her feelings through the theatre group and has even
brought her sister and a neighbor into the fold.  Now that's progress
if you ask me.

On Friday Abed was the guest on the Mark Johnson Radio Show.  Thanks to
Miriam for arranging that. As always, he was articulate, intelligent,
and made many good points.

Thanks again to all of you.  There are more of you than I mentioned,
but I'm rushing to finish this post and can't think right now. Excuse
my folly and consider yourselves thanked too.

Monica

Yahoo! Groups Links