Hi,
I look forward to the exhibit this week --
Here is another group that we might support.  Who has the contact with Bread and Puppet where Abed's group performed?  (all I need is an e-mail address -- they are just up the road from us!

Thanks, Anna

Some of you may know of the Ibdaa Dance troupe from Palestine.
The Ibdaa Dance Troupe is a youth group from the Ibdaa Cultural Center in
Dheisheh Camp, Palestine (just outside of Bethlehem). (see
www.dheisheh-ibdaa.net/dance.htm) The troupe consists of ten boys and ten
girls, and  has performed in festivals and events in Palestine and more
than 17 countries around the world. Their traditional folkloric dance and
theater  depicts the history and aspirations of Palestinian refugees. The
tour is designed to raise money to complete the new building of their
community center and support youth programs in the camp.

They are coming to Boston on October 29 and will be performing at the
Paulist Center (5 Park St., Boston) at 8pm. This is a wonderful opportunity
for the Boston area to see this group and support them.

I hope that you will be able to come and help promote this performance
among the people you know.

I am writing to ask for your help with any of the following:

1- Sponsorship:
I already have a flyer ready for the event, but need to know if your
organization is willing to sponsor this event. Sponsorship will mean that
you commit to help with arrangements for this performance. I will list
these below, and also would appreciate a financial commitment, if possible.
If we have enough groups to support this, I think we could pull this off
easily.
I NEED TO KNOW IF YOUR GROUP WANTS TO CO-SPONSOR AND HAVE THEIR NAME ON THE
FLYER ASAP. IF POSSIBLE, TODAY . .. SINCE I AM PRINTING A NUMBER OF FLYERS
TO GO OUT.

2- Accommodation:
There are 20 children (10 boys and 10 girls) and 4 adults (2 men and 2
women) coming in this group. It is the first time these children leave
Palestine, and many of them do not speak English, so we would like to have
them stay together in groups. I was advised that home stays are not the
best idea . .. . but if there are homes that are willing to take five
guests or more . .. this may work.
So, I have looked into hotel suites, and the cheapest rate to accommodate
all of them comes up close to $1000.00. If we have five groups contribute
$200 each we can easily cover this amount.
IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR HOUSING, OR IF YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS
THIS I NEED TO KNOW ASAP SO THAT WE CAN BOOK THE HOTEL ROOMS.

3- Publicity:
We already have an 8 1/2 "x 11" flyer designed (just need to add all the
co-sponsors)
We also have a full poster that we can have printed out - one in black and
white and one in color.
For publicity, I suggest:
- we put up flyers and posters everywhere
- sponsoring groups send mailings and e-mail announcements to their lists
- calling and visiting schools, music centers . .. other places that may be
interested in attending this event . ...
Promotion, promotion, promotion - and we need to start ASAP.
IF ANY OF YOU HAVE CONNECTIONS WITH A PRINTSHOP THAT CAN PRINT THE POSTERS
- PLEASE SEND AN E-MAIL TO THE GROUP WITH THE ESTIMATE, AND WE WILL NEED TO
DECIDE ON HOW MANY WE WILL WANT TO PRINT.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO PUT UP THE POSTERS AND OTHERS TO WORK ON PROMOTING
THIS IN COMMUNITY CENTERS ETC.

THIS EVENT WILL BE FREE OF CHARGE - HOWEVER, WE ARE ASKING PEOPLE FOR
DONATIONS . ....

4- Food:
I think many of the group are fasting for Ramadan, but am not 100% sure. If
this is the case, we need to provide 1 meal on the evening of October 29.
Could we ask some of the Middle East restaurants to donate food? If they
are housed in hotel rooms, the breakfast should be covered.

5- Commitment of a few people to meet and greet them when they come, and
accompany them during their time here (make sure all is going smoothly
etc.). We are also thinking it would be nice for the kids to do something
fun in Boston on Sunday. If any of you have ideas for this, please pass
them on. We are going to look into Duck tours or tickets for the science
museum. .... If people could volunteer to help coordinate and join them on
Sunday, that would be great.

I think this is all for now. I am hoping that now we have a venue and have
a few things in place we can move fast on the other pieces. Thanks to all
who worked on finding a venue, and those who have been helpful with
suggestions and ideas.

I look forward to hearing from you. LET US MAKE THIS EVENT A SUCCESS IN
BOSTON. I HAVE FULL FAITH THAT WE CAN.
THANKS AGAIN.
Hilary Rantisi
Hilary Rantisi