Hi Roderick,

With the version of vtun in openwrt (WR on 54GLs and 500GPs here), I'm
surprised you can do very much at all!

A new UDP method sounds like a new protocol, really, more than a
modification to an existing one.  I'm disappointed we don't have a good
framework for add-on modules for vtun, so that new connection protocols
or stream filters (encryption, throttling, etc) can be rolled out
quickly.  I hate that we missed out on that and you needed to build an
entirely custom solution.

If vtun takes the patch here, why not then refresh the vtun in openwrt?
  Then we'd have the new encryption AND this delayed UDP start (nat
hack) on the little blue routers.

.. and then we can talk about IPCP and OSPF and other nifty add-ons  ;-)

  - bish