My question is as follows: I can create a TUN-device from my C++
program. Works all fine. Also setting the line encapsulation to ax25
succeeds. But setting the hardware address always fails with not
supported. I think one needs to set the hardware address so that the
kernel knows it should process the packets as if they came in through a
regular route (e.g. a packet radio modem).

Can you enlighten me?
Thanks in advance.

Folkert van Heusden

p.s. I've also asked this at the stackoverflow.com forum:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22465138/creating-a-tun-network-device-with-ax-25-encapsulation