> Hello Vyatta,
>
> I found vyatta for a few days and i installed it successfully
> on my box.
> It runs all fine and i updated it to the latest state.
>
> But i have a simple question, it ist possible to recive a
> dynamic ip from an dhcp server on an vyatta ethernet
> interface ? i didnt find a solution in the past ? ...like on
> linux "dhclient eth0"
>
> best regards
>
> Michael

Michael,

DHCP client addressing on interfaces is a highly requested feature but it
isn't yet in the software. We're working on some changes to the system
that will get it there in a couple of releases. The actual feature itself
it relatively trivial to implement using the standard DHCP client packages
but it has to wait until we make some other changes to the way that
interfaces are handled in the system such that we don't interfere with the
DHCP operation. Unfortunately, this other work is taking longer that we'd
like. Look for this change in a  few months.

In the mean time, feel free to add your vote to the list of top-requested
enhancements on the wiki:
http://www.vyatta.com/twiki/bin/view/Community/TopEnhancements

-- Dave