First thing that confuses me what keeps eth0 or eth1 from growling on the
network that ip address is used?

anyway heres my confusion below

Ok I am looking at the configuration forVRRP
I am confused
In my senerio Primary Router Now is setup as follows
Eth0 is setup with an ip address given by Time Warner for sake of showing
senerio its as follows
70.21.21.21 /30

My eth1 is going to my network with addresses 74.2.2.1/28

All is routing perfectly
Now bringing in the VRRP is where I am getting confused
Do I setup the the pri router with this addional config and which interface
eth0 or 1?
---

Step Command (Primary Router)

Create the VRRP configuration

node for eth0 on R1. This

enables VRRP on that interface.

Assign the VRRP group.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] set interfaces ethernet eth0 vrrp vrrp-group

99

[edit]

Specify the virtual address of the

VRRP group.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] set interfaces ethernet eth0 vrrp

virtual-address 172.16.0.24

[edit]

Enable preemption. [EMAIL PROTECTED] set interfaces ethernet eth0 vrrp preempt
true

[edit]

Set the priority of this router to

150.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] set interfaces ethernet eth0 vrrp priority 150

[edit]

Commit the configuration. [EMAIL PROTECTED] commit

OK

[edit]

----

Now backup router do I copy my config of router pri make it work independantly
first then add the config for
secondary router in pdf doc as specified and then again which interface..??

Jeff