I'd also like to add that this installation issue does *not* occur when
using the "default prompts."  It can only occur if the "skip" option was
chosen (which is an advanced installation option) which will allow the
user to install the system correctly or incorrectly if the same
partition is chosen for root and config.  Jeff's system is installed
properly as he did use the "default prompts" which automatically
partition the disk and place the root and config directories on separate
partitions.

As Justin stated, placing the root and config directories under the same
partition will no longer be possible using the installation script in
our next release.

-Robyn