  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thomas
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 2:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Vyatta-users] Implementing IPsec across two points with
staticrouting

Greetings folks,

I'm a new vyatta user and we've been trying to do some testing internally
to determine whether or not Vyatta may be a candidate to replace some of
our routers out in the field.

Recently we were pleased by the ease of setting up IPsec tunnels, but we
ran into one little snag in our testing environment. We currently had
three routers configured, we'll call them A, B, and C. All three of these
Vyatta installations have PC's behind them.

Routers A & B were connected with IPsec tunnels, and each private network
could speak the other.  Router C was directly connected to router B. All
three were configured to talk to each other via static routes.

When C wanted to speak to A's network, she could ping both the external
and internal vyatta interfaces, but couldn't seem to reach the LAN PC's
connected behind A. Traceroutes for the failed pings indicated that the
packets seemed to die at Router B, never even getting forwarded over
towards Router A-- but again, only when trying to get to the LAN PC's.

Is this a bad setup that we botched in some way, or perhaps something else
like the lack of GRE or routing with IPsec in general? Let me know if
anyone needs further information or some pasted configurations.

-Thomas

  _____

Check
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51201/*http:/autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_yl
c=X3oDMTE5NWVzZGVyBF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDYXV0b3MtbmV3Y2Fy
%0d%0a>  out the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.