>From time to time I stumble across things written about Vyatta. I found a
nice how-to on bandwidth management and traffic shaping the other day. Those
that have been watching closely will already know that we're planning on
delivering QoS and bandwidth management in the next major release, but this
should help you out in the mean time:
http://www.hackosis.com/index.php/2007/11/08/linux-router-bandwidth-management-example/

Thanks, Shane! (whoever you are...)

This how-to makes a good compliment to the "Configuring QoS for VoIP
Networks" whitepaper available on the Vyatta web site which describes a
similar technique:
http://www.vyatta.com/documentation/whitepapers.php

This is a great example of how an open source router makes your life better.
If there is a feature that Vyatta does not (yet) support, you have a way to
extend the base system to get what you want done.

-- Dave