Ah, piffle - looks like that bug was fixed after VC3 was released.  You need
to correct /opt/vyatta/sbin/vpn-config.pl .You can get the corrected
version from
http://suva.vyatta.com/git/?p=ofr.git;a=blob_plain;f=cli/scripts/vpn/vpn-config.pl;hb=HEAD
or you can just comment out the check, if you're
comfortable with perl.

Best,
Justin