I *think* that with linux routing you point the next-hop to 127.0.0.1
(i think theres an optional -blackhole operator that goes along with
that) and it will drop the packets. I don't know if this will work
within the confines of vyatta/xorp though.

Aubrey Wells
Senior Engineer
Shelton | Johns Technology Group
A Vyatta Ready Partner