Thanks for your time and patience kind sir.

Shane McKinley

-----Original Message-----
From: Arthur Xiong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:58 PM
To: Shane McKinley
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Vyatta-users] BGP next-hop-self

> What the crap is "self"?
"The next-hop-self command allows you to force BGP to use a specific IP
address as the next hop."
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/459/bgp-toc.html

Normally, "next-hop-self" is used for iBGP neighbors which have no
routes to the next-hop of the bgp routes.

> I am just unclear as to what 1.1.1.1 is, my router or the ISPs router.
In your case, the address should/could be the address of the interface
which connects to the ISP's router.

--Arthur