I just want to add that the line
Starting wan interface: FATAL: Error inserting wanpipe (/lib/modules/ 2.6.20/kernel/drivers/net/wan/wanpipe.ko): no such device.

Is safe to ignore. It just means no Sangoma WAN cards were detected. I was a bit alarmed the first time I saw that too. Its perfectly normal (unless you actually *do* have a Sangoma card installed...)

------------------
Aubrey Wells
Senior Engineer
Shelton | Johns Technology Group
A Vyatta Ready Partner
www.sheltonjohns.com

On Dec 16, 2007, at 8:16 PM, Maximo Barawid wrote:

>It's been stated a couple of times on this list in the last two weeks
>that vyatta has difficulty installing on an already partitioned disk.
>Have you tried deleting all partitions using fdisk and then installing?

Yes, I used fdisk to delete all partitions and formatted it too. But it
didn't work.  Thanks anyway.

>The hard drive had a previous OS on it. If you don't have anything you want on the drive then after logging in to the system type:

>    dd </dev/zero >/dev/hda count=1

>This will clear the partition table.  Then:

>    install-system

Thanks, it worked.

Thanks to all your replies.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. _______________________________________________