Sounds like a sticky [Enter] key, or a problem with the keyboard or motherboard. Try using the other enter key?

------------------
Aubrey Wells
Senior Engineer
Shelton | Johns Technology Group
A Vyatta Ready Partner
www.sheltonjohns.com

On Dec 31, 2007, at 4:53 PM, Jesse Robertson wrote:

I just installed vyatta to the hard drive. I accepted the default configurations in all cases and when it finished I rebooted. Everything seems to load then I am presented with Welcome to Vyatta - vyatta tty1
and the login prompt.

I have tried root and vyatta and in both cases as soon as I hit enter instead of asking for a password it says LOGIN INCORRECT on 4 lines then says MAXIMUM NUMBER OF TRIES EXCEEDED (5)

Then it goes back to the login prompt.

What is going on?

Thanks

Jesse