Pavlin

On Jan 8, 2008 3:22 PM, Justin Fletcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And, of course, routes you add outside of the CLI aren't known to XORP.
> If you add the route using "protocol static" you can then redistribute via
> OSPF.

Thanks for the info.  As I came from the Quagga world I was hoping that XORP
works the same way as Quagga, which picks up the connected routes after one
adds addresses to an interface.

I just noticed an old post (
http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-users/2006-April/001188.html)
on the xorp-users list, where Pavlin provided a 'semi-hackish' patch to use
the fib2mrib module to snoop the unicast routes from the kernel and
redistribute them to OSPF.

I tried the patch and it worked fine to redistribute the routes I added from
a Linux shell.  This is pretty close to what I originally had wanted.

Thanks,

-Donghai