  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of silvertip257
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 6:55 PM
To: Marat Nepomnyashy; vyatta-users@mailman.vyatta.com
Subject: Re: [Vyatta-users] DHCP pool questions

Why cannot I take addresses out of the beginning of the block like I'd
rather it do?  How can I (without rewriting/modifying source code)?  That
would really stink to have to statically assign everything to make it the
way (that it makes sense).  It's great and all that it actually does
assign an address and ' works ', but why not start at the beginning?

>From what Marat wrote, I understand that you've seen that behavior before
- confirmed.  Now, can it be changed?
I won't try to start any wars here, but that would unfortunately be one
reason I would not want to use Vyatta.  Well that and the WAN dhclient
that's in progress.

I could have sworn (oh and I did commit it) that I added a config for a
second dhcp pool (separate) for eth2, but voila it's gone when I check
dhcpd.conf...

Thanks,
Mike