From: Shane McKinley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 3:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Vyatta-users] BGP Policy Generic Route Distribution

I have tested the Vyatta once again being an inch away from totally
replacing my Cisco core router.

BGP connection and route policy are working, but with a problem.

It seems that the BGP routing table is redistributing my exact routes as
specified in the policy configuration.

set policy policy-statement NAME term 1 from protocol connected
set policy policy-statement NAME term 1 then action accept

set policy policy-statement NAME term 2 from protocol static
set policy policy-statement NAME term 2 then action accept

My router's function is to distribute routes to the 'world'. I am not
wanting to redistribute my exact connected or static routes, but a
generic class C distribution of all my owned subnets.

Is it possible to modify what is being sent in the BGP routing table
with out manually modifying all my connected and static routes? My
upstream provider only allows X.X.X.X/24 BGP advertisements.

Any help on this situation is appreciated and the world will be with one
less Cisco router.

Thanks,

Shane McKinley
Habersham EMC