I'm doing the same with scp and set keys for a automated backup in a
script ran by cron.

What's nice  with  vyatta vrs my current quagga/keepalived setup, is
that vyatta allows for one "single config" file to be used to restore
it's configuration.

I had one of our junior administrator play around with this,  and he was
able to install vyatta on a virgin server and have it up in running in
mins from "just" copying the config.boot to a USB thumb drive and
performing a quick copy.

Very nice ;)

Once vyatta fixes some of the  buggy issues that I've seen and
installing better support for VRRP, I plan on deploying vyatta thru out
the network core.