  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christopher
Johnson
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:22 AM
To: vyatta-users@mailman.vyatta.com
Subject: [Vyatta-users] Glendale Alpha 1 ERROR!!!

In the course of my normal, hack first, read documentation later, mode of
operation, I managed to hang the netopia DSL router.  Having done this
before I know that the outside access is still good, just the inside
network interface is scrod.

So I reconfigured vyatta (A1) to route traffic to the Netopia via the
outside link
set protocols static route 192.1.1.1/32 next-hope 12.1.1.1
Where 192.1.1.1 is the inside IP of the DSL router (fully routable class C
address)
and 12.1.1.1 is the next hop out the cable modem.

Everything seems to work fine.  Traceroute works correctly.  I'm happy.

Then I try the required magic

telnet 192.1.1.1.
Command not found.

What do you mean "command not found"!!! What operating system does not
include "telnet?"

Either the name changed or a tool is missing.

Please make sure that telnet is included in future releases.

(The hack I had to put into place required me to set up a NAT rule so that
I could telnet from one of the inside machines)

Best,
-Chris (tongue in cheek)