Thanks for the input, I was thinking like you and I think I will go for XML.
Oh, and I meant database, not RDMS, but I was was curious about thoughts on
using an RDMS anyhow.

Here is what I envisioned storing:
Request
  - Full Url
  - Parameters & Values
Response
  - Content-Type
  - Content-Length
  - HTTP response code
  - Full Response (text/html only)
  - Parse out the following (The DTD would contain these but would probably
come in later implementations)
      - javascript
      - links
      - comments
      - forms

>Are you going to store broken links?
I would suggest storing the 404, since there may be some info in the
response that could be interesting

>Are you going to store parameters for query string and forms?
Yes

>URLs that link to this URL
The links in each response are stored so this data would be in the file,
just not in this exact form.

                      -Tim Medin