Hi Andres,
I have changed machines (Ubuntu Karmic) and am using a fresh install of w3af.

1. "sudo apt-get install w3af" - (Version 1.0-rc2 from Debian Package
1.0-rc2svn2845-1ubuntu2)
2. $ w3af
3. Select OWASP Top10 profile.
4. Enable output/htmlFile
5. Set fileName option to to "/home/ryan/Desktop/report.html"
6. Enter target URL
7. Press start.

All above done via /w3af_gui. No changes made at all to w3af apart
from the above.

If you need any more info let me know.

Ryan