Hey,

I'm using w3af for 2 weeks now, so I'm still at the beginning right now. There
was one big problem I got nearly everytime when I wanted to scan a private app
of mine. Even if I wanted to do only spidering (webSpider, spiderMan) this
error occurs:

----------
**IMPORTANT** The following error was detected by w3af and couldn't be
resolved: The xUrllib found too much consecutive errors. The remote
webserver doesn't seem to be reachable anymore; please verify
manually
----------

After this message occured, w3af stopped scanning (or spidering) without any
result. After so many reading and searching for the answer, that led to
nowhere, I decided to search a little bit in the code of
/core/data/url/xUrllib.py.

Here I found something intresting. The source of the error-message was

if self._consecutiveErrorCount >= 10:
    msg = 'The xUrllib found too much consecutive errors. The remote webserver
doesn\'t'
    msg += ' seem to be reachable anymore; please verify manually.'
            raise w3afMustStopException( msg )

This code is found in the funtion _incrementGlobalErrorCount( self ), which is
called in the urllib2.URLError-exception. The problem is, that every
400-response raise the urllib2.URLError-exception and increment the
_consecutiveErrorCount. After the 10th 400-response w3af will raise the
w3afMustStopException.

I think this happens because of the function ignore_errors( self, yes_no ) or
better, because of the attribute _ignore_errors_conf. This attribute was set to
'False' by default.

self._ignore_errors_conf = False

The problem is that neither this attribute is set to be 'True' nor the function
ignore_errors( self, yes_no ) is called on any point in the code! But this will
be necessary to ignore the 400-response like its commented in the code:

def ignore_errors( self, yes_no ):
    '''
    Let the library know if errors should be ignored or not. Basically,
    ignore all calls to "_incrementGlobalErrorCount" and don't raise the
    w3afMustStopException.

    @parameter yes_no: True to ignore errors.
    '''
    self._ignore_errors_conf = yes_no

Since I set _ignore_errors_conf manually to 'True' the error-message occur no
more. Will this "fix" the bug or am I completly wrong?

Many thanks for any help...
Yeehaw