Hello,

On Donnerstag, 25. März 2010, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> we observed that running w3af_console will lead
> to child process(es) that continue to scan while
> the parent process ends.
>
> This makes it really hard to batch scans as
> you have no chance at all to judge when the scan
> is finished.
>
> Any trick known to prevent this behaviour?
> Other people with the same problem out there?

this problem still causes a lot of trouble.
For some web services w3af seems to get into a forever-loop.

No chances to prevent/circumvent this behaviour?
Perhaps w3af could have a timout-setting?
Perhaps w3af_console could watch its input file and if that
is removed, it terminates?

Best

        Jan

Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück, HR B
202460