If you believe in compassion for the sick, states' rights or just life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, please take 30 seconds to let Congress know... Evan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:37:25 -0700
From: Marijuana Policy Project <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Evan Ravitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Please write Congress about medical marijuana

Dear Evan�Ravitz:

Would you please take a few minutes to write your member of Congress and ask him or her to vote in favor of the medical marijuana amendment that the U.S. House of Representatives will be voting on in the next couple of weeks?

If you're going to send only one e-mail this year to stop the federal government's war on medical marijuana patients, now is the time -- and it couldn't be easier. Just visit http://action.mpp.org/c.hhLWK2PALoF/b.1408901/k.8E12/Take_Action/siteapps/advocacy/ActionItem.aspx?c=hhLWK2PALoF&b=1408901&aid=8840 to go to MPP's action center. You can send one of our pre-drafted letters, or you can personalize the letter.

It's crucial that you take action now, because Congress will soon be voting on an amendment that would prohibit the DEA from spending taxpayer money to target seriously ill medical marijuana patients and their caregivers in states where medical marijuana is legal.

If you agree that sick and suffering patients should not have to live in fear of armed federal agents breaking down their doors, this is your chance to do something about it. Please visit http://action.mpp.org/c.hhLWK2PALoF/b.1408901/k.8E12/Take_Action/siteapps/advocacy/ActionItem.aspx?c=hhLWK2PALoF&b=1408901&aid=8840 to send your message to Congress now.

Last week, MPP's five-year campaign to pass the medical marijuana amendment got a big boost when we distributed decks of cards -- with the title, "The Deal on Medical Marijuana: 52 Reasons Why You Should Support Medical Marijuana Access" -- to every House lawmaker. The cards were extremely popular and garnered positive media attention. (See http://www.mpp.org/site/apps/nl/content2.asp?c=glKZLeMQIsG&b=1847069&ct=3952487 for an example.) We're hopeful that the cards -- combined with your e-mails and faxes -- will help us reach the 218 votes needed to pass our medical marijuana amendment on the House floor in the next couple of weeks.

This is an important chance to speak out before Congress votes on the amendment, so if you've read this far and still haven't clicked through to MPP's action center at http://action.mpp.org/c.hhLWK2PALoF/b.1408901/k.8E12/Take_Action/siteapps/advocacy/ActionItem.aspx?c=hhLWK2PALoF&b=1408901&aid=8840, please do so now.

Thank you,

Rob Kampia
Executive Director
Marijuana Policy Project
Washington, D.C.

P.S. As I've mentioned in previous alerts, a major philanthropist has committed to match the first $3.0 million that MPP can raise from the rest of the planet in 2007. This means that your donation today at http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=fqLTK4OEKiJPI5K&s=ojL0JbOMIcIOK8O0E&m=kiITIZODLgI4G&af=y will be doubled.

The Marijuana Policy Project hopes that each of the 100,000 subscribers on our national
e-mail list will make at least one financial donation to MPP's work in 2007. Please visit
http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=fqLTK4OEKiJPI5K&s=ojL0JbOMIcIOK8O0E&m=kiITIZODLgI4G&af=y
 to donate now.

MPP will be able to tackle all of the projects in its 2007 strategic plan -- http://www.mpp.org/2007plan -- if you and other allies are generous enough to fund our work.

Rasied in 2007: $1,546,378
Goal in 2007: $3,000,000

We are required by federal law to tell you that any donations you make to MPP may be used for political purposes, such as supporting or opposing candidates for federal office.

via

                     www.Vote.org
         Taking the "mock" out of democracy!
   Evan Ravitz, founder (303)440-6838 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   also: www.Vote.org/photos  www.Vote.org/paradise
"Fool's gold exists because there is real gold." -Rumi