On 29/12/14 22:01, Emil Velikov wrote:
On 29/12/14 16:22, Jose Fonseca wrote:
From: José Fonseca <jfons...@vmware.com>

By default, Windows will limit windows too large to theu desktop size,
and windows too small to be big enough for the titlebar.  Waffle's
windows don't get affected as their style is WS_POPUPWINDOW, which
doesn't include the WS_CAPTION style.

This is one of the hacks that I've added in waffle (please be gentle),
which I want to cleanup as waffle_window_create2 lands. My rough idea is
to feed WS_POPUPWINDOW on -auto piglits and WS_CAPTION otherwise into
waffle_window_create2. The principle is analogous to the "don't capture
input" approach as seen with glx.

Afaict the idea of waffle is to avoid nasty things/assumptions when
possible and the above idea should help.

How does it sound ?

I haven't looked closely at `waffle_window_create2` code and how it interacts.

I do know that it's possible to get WS_CAPTION windows larger than the desktop if one handles the WM_GETMINMAXINFO message, like done in https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace/blob/master/retrace/glws_wgl.cpp#L75

However this trick doesn't work for tiny WS_CAPTION windows, not matter how much I tried.

There is a more comprehensive solution though: make the OpenGL drawable a child window instead of the top window, so that even if the parent can't become tiny due to the title bar, the child window (hence the OpenGL drawble) can be as tiny as we want.

I haven't implemented this on apitrace yet, but that is my hope.

Jose