hi all

i don't know if there's any PHP developers on this list, but i'm using
osx as a platform for php work, and just figured out something that was
driving me nuts.. the php error messages only work if you use unix line
breaks. using mac line breaks in the php file makes any error appear to
be coming from line 1 of the script, so debugging is a nightmare.

this is probably obscure trivia to most, but might save some torn out
hair to some

Yes, I've been bitten by that a few times, not only with PHP but with files checked out using MacCVS Pro, and other things that lurk on the Mac/UNIX divide.

Fortunately at least Mac text editors let you convert them easily enough :)

Have fun,
Shay
--
Perth, Western Australia Technomancer Sponsor WA's Solar Car