From today's mail -

We should have a firmware upgrade available this week for the Oxford 911
bridgeset on FireStar/Clearlight enclosures if you are experiencing
problems with Mac OS 10.1. If you need information on this issue please
email us or take a look at -
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/OSX/OS_X_10.1/os_x_10_1_firewire_drives.html

Steven - you need to go back to your supplier for a firmware flush - in the meantime take a read of Mike Breeden's article - he has the best handle on this of all the Mac sites.

Just installed 10.1 in my machine.. Couldn't believe the improvements. It is so much better than 10.0.4. Everything ran smoothly, even Classic runs well.
(Not as fast as rebooting back, but it feels almost as fast)
I have my reservations when I heard about the improvements, but now I might
run 10.1 full time now. :-)

Only problem I have encountered is that it can't read my FireWire external
HD. Don't know why.

Keith Palmer
Zytech Marketing Pty Ltd
PO Box 342 Bunbury 6231
Phone: 0419927101 Fax: 0897915900
the online FireWire data storage store -
http://www.zytech.com.au/

Remember to get your FREE colour business cards -
http://www.zytech.com.au/contact.html