At 12:34 PM +0800 18/10/01, Mike Seymour wrote:
I have a B&W G3 350 384 ram & a Power Computing Mac clone 210 96 ram, Both
have ethernet ports. Have bought a SOHO series hub to network these
computers. also I have a cable modem.
The problem is when I network the computers and plug the cable from the
modem into the up link port on the hub bigpond will not connect. I can
access data on both computers but that is all.
can any one help me with this networking problem
Mike Seymour

I have a similar setup with an iMac and G4 connected to a cable modem via an ethernet hub and it works OK for me.

Whenever I have had problems getting BigPond Advance to connect I have found the solution by changing the settings in the TCP/IP control panel. Open the control panel and change ethernet connection to PPP then close the control. Reopen the control panel and change the setting back to ethernet and configure using DHCP Server. That usually fixes it for me.

Bob