Rod

I'm in the same situation at work. I was running Outlook in Classic before
I broke Classic (up and running again now after an OS 9 re-install) and
before I got Office X. While Classic was broken I configured Entourage to
read my Exchange server email using an IMAP account. It works well for
reading emails and quite well for using the calendar but it will not read
others calendars or check for others' free time etc and you can't (or I
couldn't) book resources like meeting rooms etc.

So I'm back to using Outlook in Classic.

But Entourage X is gorgeous and clever - it even provides a preview of PDF
documents in the preview pane.

As for a OS X version of Outlook, don't hold your breath. From what I've
read M$ is suggesting using IMAP in Entourage for Exchange based email
systems.

Cheers

Greg