Hi everyone

a few weeks ago I posted asking for advice about conflicting measures of hard drive space on my 10gb G4 mac.

Thanks to all who helped out, but unfortunately I still have the problem...I downloaded software that would check for invisible files and found many...but not 900mb worth...they are still lurking somewhere!! (Im actually not sure which invisible files to delete..can I find this out?)

When I open my HD icon I have 57mb...when I optimise my HD with Nortons or Tech tools, I have 963mb available??

Do you think I need to clear my HD, reformat and reinstall the OS?

I am grateful for any assistance with this one

thankyou

chris