Hi Paul

I running the same m/c & OS been using my IRdA with a Nokia 6210 for quite a
while. If I remember correctly I had the same problem until I turned on the
extensions - go to your apple menu - extensions manager - extensions & make
sure the extensions are switched on.

Once you've done that you will need to open modem control panel and chose
the correct modem option in if you want to use to as a modem - in my case
Nokia Infra-red.

Next is the TCP/IP control panel & from "connect via" choose infra-red port.

once you've done this you need to activate the IRdA device & then open the
IRdA control panel which should tell if it is in range.

Admittedly this all about using the IRdA as a modem, if not then you need to
go to the AppleTalk control panel & chose infra-red port from "connect via"
if you are only transferring data such as address book info from a mobile.

I think that is it, I'm sure if it isn't some one else out that will point
out any errors or omissions :-)

Cheers

Angus