I have a weird modem problem with my Ti 667 G4:

In 9, in the modem control panel, where it says 'Connect via:', there
is no drop down, it just says 'Infrared port'. There's no way to
select 'Internal modem' as normal. Of course, this means I can't
connect. At first I thought this was a software problem, but...

Under X, all the dialogs and settings seem to be normal, but when I
try and connect, it fails. The log only says:

Failed to open /dev/cu.modem: Device busy

I installed a completely new clean copy of X onto another partition,
but no joy, same problem. Anyone seen anything similar, or know what
is going on?

cheers

Andy