I'll test it again under OS X.1.3 tonight, and take a few games for a
spin ... meanwhile, if anyone thinks of a way to convince the OS that
the card is running with 64meg, I'm all ears. What difference would I
see with it using the extra 32meg anyway?

It's possible it's just the Apple System Profiler reporting incorrectly and the card itself recognises the 64Mb.

AFAIK, more RAM means the card can cache more textures, images or computations onboard the card, which means it can spend less time transferring things across the bus from the motherboard. So this means things will run faster, assuming that whatever you're playing maxes out the 32Mb in the first place.

Have fun,
Shay
--
Perth, Western Australia Technomancer It must be bunnies!