On Tuesday, April 30, 2002, at 05:11 PM, Scott wrote:

> Does anyone know how to make a script to telnet to an IP, authenticate
> (login / pass) and then reconnect every 8 hours or whenever the
> connection
> is lost.

I don't know about the reconnection or authentication stuff, but here's
a simple script to start the session in the first place:

ignoring application responses
tell application "Terminal"
activate
do script with command ¬
"telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
end tell
end ignoring

substituting the address of your server for the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, of
course.

--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer