So Shay and anyone else. Are there any ways in which we CAN deal with the
deluge?

I have Outlook Express and set the "junk" mail filter at a notch above
"average". Makes little difference. The other option is to type in the
stuff that follows the "@" for the ones I want. Tedious.

Now when I do get junk mail/ spam whatever you call it the header says
"This appears to be junk mail", I'll delete, assuming that OE has now taken
not. It doesn't seem to as evidenced by the daily repetition of one
particular message.

You could also check out Spamfire: <http://www.matterform.com/?page=spamfire/>

Naturally if I add the domain to my address book, I no longer get that
message.
Ideas?

Currently I filter anything containing the words nigeria, zaire, or ivoire (for the spam from Ivory Coast) to my spam mailbox. Anything from any address which has spammed me before also goes there. It works so far!

Have fun,
Shay
--
Perth, Western Australia Technomancer It must be bunnies!