Are you using What Mac OS are you using, if you are using pre Mac OS X than
you might want to go to your monitors control panel and reset the settings
to default or play with them a little until you get what you want. I had
this model G3 PowerBook and had to do a little playing around to get the DVD
to play from the computer to the play DVD's onto a big screen TV or
projector. Your video mirroring has most likely been turned off.

In pre Mac OS X what I did was,
1) Turn mirroring off
2) Connect a S-video cable from the computer to the TV/projector
3) Make sure if you have them to connect your Audio cables for sound out to
the TV or speakers if you have them.
4) You will find that the TV/Projector screen and the computer screen are
one big screen you can move the mouse cursor from the TV/Projector screen to
the PowerBook screen.
5) Play with this a little so you know where the mouse cursor moves to and
how to get to different parts of both screens.
6) Place the DVD into the DVD drive on the PowerBook
7) When the start up DVD player screen comes up drag it so it is in the
middle of your TV/Projector screen and than press play.
8) DVD should now be playing on your TV/projector screen.

I hope this helps you and hope it works for you like it did for me.

Kind regards,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]