I know people who *love* the Brother MFP 9160. Mac OS X compatible even (printing) apparently. Worth a look

Dave

On Tuesday, April 16, 2002, at 03:36 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:14:14 +0800
From: Michael Hawkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Is there a reliable multifunction printer for the Mac?

I have a G3 PowerBook (OS 9.1 and 640 meg ram). I've had no end of trouble
getting my HP G85 printer/fax/scanner/copier to work reliably, and the
software update released in January 2002 which HP "strongly encouraged" Mac users to download and install was an absolute disaster (unless black & white printing speeds of 15 minutes per page can be counted as acceptable.) Can anyone recommend a reliable multifunction printer/fax/copier/scanner for the Mac? Alternatively, has anyone been able to get a HP G85 to work anywhere
near as well as the ads say that it will?

Thanks,

Michael Hawkins.