On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 09:59 PM, Onno Benschop wrote:

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 20:48, Brett Bygrave wrote:
Hi Everyone

Does anyone have a copy of OS 8.5 lying around on floppy disks that they do
not need anymore?

Need to install it on a Quadra 700.

One of my colleagues used an unpublishable response to your request, so
I won't repeat it here, however I can tell you that you're more likely
to pull your hair out before having installed 8.5 from floppies. A
quicker solution is to pilfer a CDrom from somewhere and plug it in for
the 30 minutes of the install.

And furthermore, 8.5 is not supported on a Quadra 700 (imagine how sloooowwwww that would be!). 8.1 is the highest supported OS. I you have enough ram, I would suggest 7.6 as an option for your Quadra 700.

Seeya

Rod!