On Friday, September 20, 2002, at 08:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
You mean you have actually been able to get them to accept your money?
Every attempt I make tells me that my Credit Card number is
"incorrect". How the hell would they know? This message comes back
simply as part of the form validation.

I suspect the problem lies in the fact that when I first subscribed, it
was not possible to do so with an non-US address, so I, like many
others, used a fake US one. I think the problem is that my Visa card
number is not matching some algorithm they've got going which matches
names, addresses and numbers. They're convinced I live in the US and I
cannot now tell them otherwise. Nothing I do will get them to accept my
Credit Card number. There's not even an area I can find to tell them my
address has "changed". Mac support is less than helpful.

Has anyone else had this problem?

--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer

Hmm. The .Mac account I renewed and paid for was my original one that also had some other address (Canadian, I think). I used an Amex card and Apple had no problem grabbing the money. I wish they would respond to .Mac support queries as efficiently.

Larry