On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 02:35 PM, Antony N. Lord wrote:

> A friends site http://www.ravephotography.com/ fails to load on
> several machines here all running IE and OS 9.x
>
> Can some people check to see if this works from their machine - and
> if not suggest why?
>
> My machines simply try downloading a file called
> "www.ravephotography.com" and fail to open it.
>
> Is this something (else) evil to IE (5.1.6) - I notice Netscape works
> but iCab also barfs...

Loads fine in Mozilla 1.2a (MacOS X 10.2.1). Explorer 5.2.2 want to to
download an "unknown file type" as per your experience. Very strange. A
very quick perusal of the source code doesn't show any obvious
problems. I know that Explorer sometimes has problems loading PNG
files, but there doesn't seem to be anything of this nature going on.

--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer