I have occasion to produce Word documents with inserted .jpg graphics which I convert to .pdf files for email transmission. If I do the conversion from Word in Office98 running under Classic, using links to Acrobat 5.0.5 all is fine and I get files of a sensible size. If I do the conversion by printing to PDF from WordX under OSX 10.2,2 I get grossly oversized files and PDF Consultant in Acrobat shows that the graphics files have grown by a factor of about ten! I can see no settings to tinker with for this.
HELP PLEASE!
Severin Crisp
Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP

15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
Phone (08) 9842 1950 (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
Fax (08) 9842 9650 (Int'l +61 8 9842 9650)
email mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web pages http://www.albanyis.com.au/~sev/