I have two SCSI peripherals, a UMAX Astra 1220S scanner and a LaCie
12-10-32 CD writer, running from an ADAPTEC SCSI card on a G4/400
with OSX 10.2.2. They perform fine in OSX with VueScan for the
scanner and Toast Titanium for the CD burner.
As they are used only intermittently, I normally leave them powered
off except when I am going to need them. If they are powered on at
startup, then they are either or both recognised, mount and work
normally. If powered on after startup, however, they are not
recognised and I am unable to make the bus rescan to find them.
Putting the system to sleep and then reawakening does not work. In
OS9 SCSI probe performed this function but as far as I can find there
is not an OSX version, nor will it work in Classic. Having to
restart to bring up the scanner or CD writer is not the end of the
world but very inconvenient.
Has anyone out there got a solution to this, please?
Severin Crisp
Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP

15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
Phone (08) 9842 1950 (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
Fax (08) 9842 9650 (Int'l +61 8 9842 9650)
email mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web pages http://www.albanyis.com.au/~sev/