Another point no one has mentioned: It pays to check out the price of
the in carts before you buy the printer. HP carts cost in the range of
$70-90 each. Compare this to Epson carts at around $40-50. Admittedly,
you won;t find anything anywhere comparing the capacity of the carts,
but it makes me think twice about buying cheap printers if the next
time around I'll need to shell out twice the money just for replacement
ink carts.

HP cartridges include a new print head, so if your print head is clogged up you can just replace the cartridge and you get a nice new one. Epson cartridges don't contain a new head, and thus your print head can get clogged if you don't use it regularly and then require unclogging.

Hence, HP cartridges are more expensive.

Have fun,
Shay
--
Perth, Western Australia Technomancer Become a member of Sungroper's