Brand new laptop for teachers Ibook that I dearly love. I have been trying
to setup and connect to the internet from home via internal modem. Each time
I try to connect the app. seems to only dial half the numbers and fails to
make a connection. Any ideas please?
jc

What does it report when it fails to make the connection?

Try turning 'wait for dial tone' off via the modem panel in the Networking Preferences pane. Assuming your using X, otherwise use the Modem control panel.

Also, try clearing out the phone number and retyping it. Make sure it's not set up to dial 0 to get out through the school PABX or something.

Have fun,
Shay
--
Perth, Western Australia Technomancer There *is* a spoon!