Hi folks,

This may seem a bit trivial, but it's been nagging me for some time now.
I have always preferred to have a nice clear desktop.
(I can hear Mac users shaking their heads)

The only icon I have on my desktop is "Macintosh HD".
As this is also available in the Finder window, can I safely get rid of the
desktop icon, and how do I do that without wiping out my hard drive?

Control clicking does not seem to give any option for this, and dragging it
onto the dock results in it being flung back to the top right corner of the
screen. Not that I want it in the dock anyway !

I have seen plenty of Mac screens in Mac User mag, etc, and none of them
show the Macintosh HD icon on the desktop.

--
Regards,
Stephen Chape