My son who lives in Asia will be visiting me in a few months while doing some work here in Oz. He will be bringing his PowerBook which he purchased overseas to do his work on and will need internet connection at times while he is here and staying with me. I only have dialup thru a modem but that will do for him he said for his short stay. We know the voltage is not a problem and we will have to get a converter 3 pin plug, again no problem. But I do not have any idea about the phone connection cable. Can we just plug in a phone connection cable used here, like for my external modem [on my BWG3], between his PB and our home telephone outlet? I have not examined a PB up close let alone used one. [Altho if I get to use this one I may buy one!] Are the phone connection ports on the PB international universal? Also any advice on setting modem scripts for the PB's internal modem? Or do you even have to do that? Just plug and play as it were? My ISP is Hotkey and my phone company is Telstra.
I would be grateful for any advice.

Peter Sealy
Thurgoona AUSTRALIA