This week we have reduced the price of our new 256MB USB FlashDrive to
just $218 - these are in stock and you can order at -
http://www.zytech.com.au/usb/pen/index.html

We are looking to introduce FireWire 800 hard drives in the second half
of February ... stay tuned for more details and pricing. At the same
time we will be reducing our standard range of FireWire (400) hard
drives back to a single main line.

This means that we will be deleting our Pyro hard drive range and
moving across to FireCubes as being the major drive range that we
carry. As FireCube cases cost us more than the Pyro case you can expect
to see entry point pricing increase throughout most capacities ..... so
the bottom line is .... if you want a $399 80GB Pyro FireWire drive you
had better hurry!
http://www.zytech.com.au/special.html

The other hard drive news is that Hitachi have purchased a controlling
interest in IBM's storage division and shortly IBM hard drives will
become Hitachi hard drives (as will 100% of the company over the next 2
years). There is no impact on pricing at this stage but clearly Hitachi
are keen to use hard drives in consumer equipment which will likely see
shortages in the traditional 2.5" storage markets.

I'm not sure we are celebrating, but we are offering a 40GB FireStorm
portable FireWire hard drive exclusively on the mail list this week for
$399. This drive only requires a FireWire cable, using bus power -
http://www.zytech.com.au/firewire/drives/firestorm/index.html
Just insert WAMUG special in the special instructions field at checkout
and you will be billed the $399 price.

Standard RAM pricing is likely to continue to rise as suppliers ramp up
their DDR output (the price of which is generally falling) but is
creating a shortage in the SDRAM market. We expect to see DDR & SDRAM
pricing meet somewhere between their current prices. That means expect
to see 512MB PC-133 (first-grade) RAM back to a low $200's price tag.

For those lucky enough to have a 17" PowerBook (or 12" for those with
small briefcases) we now have aluminium PowerBook RAM upgrades on our
web page. However, when you see the price you won't feel so lucky!
http://www.zytech.com.au/memory/ram.html

We are also introducing new aluminium 6-in-1 card readers and we have
just a few of the previous (plastic) model that we are quitting at $49
including free delivery -
http://www.zytech.com.au/memory/readers/usb/5in1/index.html
Same drill, just insert WAMUG special in the special instructions field
at checkout.

Keith Palmer
Zytech Marketing Pty Ltd
7 The Strand Bunbury 6230
Phone: 08-9791 5556 Fax: 08-9791 5900
http://www.zytech.com.au

All pricing includes GST

If you do not wish to receive this mail update
please reply and place "UNSUBSCRIBE" as the subject title

Get FREE business cards at -
http://www.zytech.com.au/firewire/index.html