I started to download a piece of software and cancelled mid download.
I now have a folder on my desktop as a .sea

When I try and trash it it says that 'the item is being used by
another task right now' 'try again when the task is complete'

Nothing else is running and whilst it isn't using any space I would
like it off the desktop.

Using 10.2.3 on eMac.

TIA Kevin

Hi Kevin

If I remember correctly,....

I think you will find that if you open up Internet Explorer, then under the window Menu choose Download Manager (Apple-4), you will see the download you were trying to get. Click on the name of it, hit the delete key. It will ask if you want to delete it, say yes. Then when the "download" has disappeared off the download manager you will be able to delete it off the desktop.

(If you aren't using Internet Explorer, do the same for whichever program you are using, as I am sure most of them have a "download manager" of some sort!)

Hope that helps!!

Kind Regards
Daniel Kerr
--