About 4 meters point to point (computer to peripheral) total so say 2
meters computer to DV camera + 2 meters camera to printer (unless the
DV camera)

Or 10 meters if you then place a firewire hub/repeater at the end of
the 10 meter cable and plug your peripherals in to the hub.

Actually, you can theoretically get 72m if you daisychain 16 devices with 4.5m cables (and I seem to recall Apple did this in the labs during FireWire's development :)

You wouldn't want them to be bus-powered devices though :)

Have fun,
Shay
--
Perth, Western Australia Technomancer If destruction be our lot, we